Last Quarter!

Friday, October 21, 2011


This quarter is my last. I am taking A La Carte, which is the class that produces the food for the school's restaurant, Passport, and is a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday class. I am also taking Capstone, which is the class that ties all the previous classes together so you walk out with a business plan for opening a restaurant and is scheduled on Tuesday after A La Carte. It is also the class in which you take your final cooking exit practical.


A La Carte started week 1 with us being given the menu for the restaurant and choosing stations for the first three weeks. Since I hated serving SO MUCH, I decided to just get it out of the way. The servers were split among the stations for the first week to help with some prep items, as well as to just kind of get a feel for how it would go. I was put on Pastry.

Tuesday of week 1, I woke up not feeling well AND it was my birthday, so I decided to stay home and take a mental health day. Wednesday I returned to school and we had a "Food Show" so we could view all the dishes the restaurant would be putting out.

Pastry items include Butterscotch Pudding with Gingerbread Men (too large, in my opinion), and Whoopie Pies.

I may not end up working the Pastry Station in the actual rotation, since I need the least practice on this station, so I'm including the photos here. Pastry is also in charge of putting out the bread baskets daily.

Next week I will be serving. Again.

0 comments:

Now This Is Life... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino